Monday, January 7, 2008

2nd Trimester

Well, we've just about done it.  Or we have already done it.  Or we're in the middle of doing it.  It all depends on what method you use.  However you slice it, we're somewhere near the 2nd trimester.  I tried an online calculator to tell me when the 2nd trimester begins and it gave me the following answer - second trimester begins either Jan 3, Jan 13 or Jan 22, depending on if we're calculating by development, gestation, or conception.  Well, that clears things up.  However, we hit a big milestone over the weekend - 12 weeks!  This is the point when the risk of miscarriage falls considerably.  After our early scare at about 5 weeks this is an exciting benchmark.  We have a regular prenatal appointment on Thursday.  There won't be an ultrasound but instead we get to hear the baby's heartbeat via Doppler.  After that appointment, Tom is going to announce to his work that we're expecting, so it is a pretty big appointment for us.

We went to another baby store yesterday, "Baby Super".  It isn't as flashy as Babies R Us, but they seem to have a huge selection of furniture and strollers.  We really liked the quality of their cribs.  I read some online reviews that said they can take forever to ship furniture, so we'll probably have to pick something soon.  We did find a bedding pattern that we (meaning me) love.  Tom seems agreeable to the bedding pattern...  I think he's more focused on the cool features in the strollers.  My main concern with a stroller is that I can lift it into the car without putting out my back.

Here's the bedding pattern:

 


In other news, I exercised for the first time since the morning sickness started.  I finally felt well enough to go for a 3.5 mile walk.  I'm sure I'm going to crash this afternoon, though.

This evening we're signing the design contract for our home renovation.  I'm sure the contractor is going to laugh when I tell him I want everything done before the baby arrives.  Ah well, a woman can dream...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the bedding, but is there a catapiller on it. There were 5 different animal beddings when we were looking and the combination of a Turtle and Catapillar is what made the decision.