Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thanksgiving!

Wow, I am really far behind in updating our blog.  As I type this, Zach is grabbing my fingers and making it very challenging to type!  Needless to say, the past few months have brought Zach many changes as he grows bigger every day!  Going back in time a bit, here are photos from our trip to Wisconsin for Thanksgiving.  (Thanks to Google's release of Picasa for Mac, I can now upload pics much more easily!  I'd like to think my constant complaining to Tom about this had anything to do with the release, but I know that isn't the case!)

I admit I was fairly nervous about flying with Zach.  He is not mobile yet, which I think made the trip much easier than it could have been.  We used miles and were able to get three seats.  When we first sat down we had Zach in his carrier between the two of us, but the flight attendant informed us he had to be next to the window.  He barely even noticed taking off or landing on either of the flights heading out to Wisconsin.  I made sure we had a bottle and pacifier handy, but he didn't make a noise.  It felt like Tom and I had gotten to a point where we had everything figured out for trips - exactly what to pack, what to put in our carry-on, etc.  Now that we had Zach, I felt like I was preparing for battle and was grossly unprepared.  I had stuff crammed into every nook and cranny of our carry-ons and hardly knew where anything was.  We did make use of the "family" restrooms at the airports, which was very convenient for us to get Zach changed and get ourselves recombobulated.

Thanksgiving itself was a lot of fun.  Tom's whole family was there and we had a week to hang out with everyone.  Jon and Julie had a lot of baby stuff there for us to borrow, which meant we didn't have to drag all sorts of stuff with us, which was great.  Tom, Greg and Sonja worked on renovating one of the rooms in the house as a birthday present for Kay.  I wish I had thought to take before/after pictures.  We had a fantastic Thanksgiving meal with all the trimmings!  It was Zach's first Thanksgiving and we had a great time!

 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: