Monday, October 13, 2008

A weekend of firsts

This was definitely a weekend of firsts.  Zach's paternal grandfather was in town and we went for our first hike with Zach!  We went to Castle Rock State Park and did a short 1.6 mile hike.  I continue to be amazed at how out of shape I am, but I made it through the hike ok.  It has rekindled my desire to get back out and explore the trails in the area.  Zach seemed to enjoy himself.  He looked around a bit, but mostly he slept.

Our next big first of the weekend was leaving Zach with a sitter!  In this instance, the sitter was my cousin Corinne.  We had plans for an evening on the town in San Francisco.  We left Zach with Corinne around 3pm.
I was surprised that when I handed Zach over to Corinne, I got a bit choked up.  Once we were in the car and headed into the city I was ok, but for a moment I thought I might actually cry!  

I'm proud to say I didn't call to check on Zach once!  Of course, I didn't have to...  Corinne was awesome and provided pictures and text messages to my cell phone throughout the evening.  It was great!  Zach was never far from my mind the entire evening and it was fun to get the updates.  

One surprise we had was how much Zach ate!  I prepared two 4.5 ounce bottles of expressed milk, thinking that would be plenty.  I thought we'd have a few ounces leftover.  Zach downed those and went on to eat another 6 ounces of formula!  Perhaps he knew how much mom and dad were drinking and he wanted in on the fun...

Here is the progression of pictures Corinne sent me.  





We picked up Zach around 10pm.  He was completely zonked and he slept until 4 this morning.  Thank you so much to Corinne for providing a fantastic evening of babysitting!  

No comments: