Friday, June 13, 2008

Birthday Babymoon

Well, it looks like we are in the final stretch!  It is starting to feel like I've been pregnant forever.  It looks like Baby Stanis may be greeting us around July 10th or 11th.  We go back for our final placenta previa check a week from Monday.  The doctor isn't hopeful that there will be any change.  If that is the case, then we will most likely schedule the c-section on July 10th or 11th.  

It has been really warm the past few days and that has been really hard for me.  I'm exhausted and hot most of the time.  Two days ago I started having contractions brought on by heat/dehydration.  Fortunately, after drinking a few jugs of water and laying down for a few hours, the contractions stopped.  Tom and I were just about ready to go to the hospital, though.

Last weekend Tom treated me to an extra special birthday present --- two nights away from the noise and chaos of our remodel!  It was my Birthday Babymoon...  We stayed at a spa resort in Los Gatos, which is just a few minutes from our home.  On my birthday I got a massage and a pedicure and felt positively spoiled.  It was great!  We were able to stop back home and check on the construction and then escape back to the hotel.  We enjoyed breakfast in our room each morning, several wonderful meals out, and even made time for a jaunt to Lowe's to buy yet more stuff for the remodel!  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, can you please advice which place you stayed so i can add it to the Babymoon Directory please!

http://www.babymoon.com.au

Thanks in advance.